- It will be helpful for the students if you study their sight words with them at least once every night. These words need to be memorized and it will be easier if they are going over them frequently.
- I will be sending home more sight words as the year goes on.
- Here is a list of the sight words we will work on this year:
I am the little a to
is have we my like he for
with me she see look they you of
do are that one two three four five here go from
yellow blue green what said was where come
- Please review and save all math worksheets that go home. These will be helpful in studying for tests as well as reviewing for their mastery of the material.
- Reading to your child for 20 minutes a night will also help them foster a love of reading.
- As the year goes on we will start to write our own sentences! Please practice with us at home. There are many sight word and sound out words that the students can make sentences from.
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney